Welcome to the University of Central Oklahoma
African American Faculty/Staff Association Website
The African American Faculty and Staff Association’s (AAFSA) mission is to serve as an advocate for educational equity and to assist in meeting the professional needs of its members.
AAFSA has witnessed immense success and growth in a relatively short period of time. What started as a few employees sharing ideas at lunch in 2002, grew into a university approved organization in 2005. The organization has played a major role in promoting diversity initiatives and providing educational and cultural opportunities for its members. The association is strong, vibrant, visible and very active.
Some of AAFSA’s Recent Accomplishments:
- Established a book scholarship (2011)
- Supported the first Black Male Summit by providing a scholarship and volunteers. (2014)
- Assisted and supported in establishing the Latino Faculty and Staff Association (LFSA) to which we are a proud advocate. (2014)
- Works in conjunction with the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI), Black Student Association (BSA), and the Black Male Initiative.
- Is represented on the UCO Diversity Committee.
- Displays a mural depicting African American contributions to the University Community. The mural is located in the UCO Nigh University Center. It was unveiled in 2007.
AAFSA members are very proud of the accomplishments established between the Association and the University Community.
David Young I
President, African American Faculty Staff Association
Administration Bldg, Room 109
100 N. University Drive, Box 161
Edmond, OK 73034-5209
Phone (405) 974-2490